BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Company Industry: Human Resources Consulting Services
Reports to: Founder, CEO
Travel Required: Minimal
uniquelyHR is a fast growing local HR consulting firm based in downtown Seattle. Our team of senior consultants provides strategic and hands on HR leadership to startups and growing businesses who want to invest in their talent. We are collaborative and practical, and we get stuff done. We do what’s right for the customer, helping leaders create great places to work. We all pitch in to support Seattle’s startup community, women in tech, and emerging leaders.
We believe in collaboration and partnership.
We are humble and hands-on.
We put culture first, because that’s what matters most.
At uniquelyHR, the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and expanding business opportunities. That includes generating leads, developing, closing, and successfully handling client relationships. You will be looking for growing businesses in need of HR outsourcing, HR staffing, and management & leadership development services. You’ll be responsible for the full sales cycle from prospecting and lead generation, to account management, and closing. You will build lasting relationships with key decision makers including founders, CEOs, and HR leaders in companies throughout the greater Seattle area.
Working with the uHR leadership team, you’ll create an effective strategy to assist in prioritizing key accounts and customers to call on. You will enjoy being part of a collaborative team that does not believe in politics and is focused on delivering the best possible service to our clients at all times.
- Lead efforts in building client relationships including relevant pre-sales activities, qualifying leads, understanding requirements, delivering presentations and proposals, and closing new business.
Identify and translate client business goals and objectives into solutions. Develop proposals for new and follow-on business.
- Use a variety of business development tools including cold calling, networking, and strategic partnering.
- Participate in and sponsor events, conferences, and meetings related to the HR industry, startup networking, diversity, women in tech, and other related meetups.
- Become a trusted advisor and strategic business development point of contact with clients.
HR Industry Knowledge
- A background in human resources including senior roles with progressive responsibility is required.
- Knowledge of HR fundamentals including employee engagement, performance management, staffing, learning & development, and talent management.
- Familiarity with current HR trends and best practices.
- Experience with companies ranging in size and complexity.
- Look for and create opportunities to participate in client interactions to ensure the highest levels of customer happiness are achieved.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients and partners to ensure effective communication channels exist and client needs are met.
- Develop in depth understanding of client business needs to ensure a positive client experience.
- Experience in professional services with demonstrated success in account management and sales or business development.
- Consistent track record identifying, winning, and developing accounts by building long term relationships.
- Comfortable leading multiple prospects, projects, and market development activities simultaneously.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field; or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge.
- Willing and able to attend events on weekends and evenings, as well as occasional travel.
This position includes a base salary plus commission. uniquelyHR offers medical, dental and vision benefits, a flexible work environment, and a fun team atmosphere.
uniquelyHR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or gender.
Whether you’re making your first hire, choosing a benefits plan or creating company values, the decisions you make will have a long term impact on your culture and ability to succeed. There’s no need to go it alone. By blending the art and science of HR, we develop the tools and strategy that are right for your company.
Choose only what you need, when you need it.