Role Title: Senior Data Warehouse Engineer – ETL/Informatica
Job Type: W-2, Fulltime
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Duration: 4 months to possible FTE
Location: Greater Seattle area, WA
You want steady income and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best. But more than that, you want a role that will let you dive deep—using your talent, expertise, and drive—while challenging you to continue to develop and contribute.
Whether you are seeking long-term contract opportunities or permanent job placement, Team Red Dog has the clients looking for your skills and experience.
Business Overview: Our client, a leader in the healthcare and health insurance industry in the greater Seattle area, is looking to hire a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to join a team supporting the enterprise data warehouse and deliver strategic business value to the organization. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with keen technical skills honed by years of experience who can collaborate with product owners to plan and define requirements to design, develop, test and maintain a high-performance data warehouse environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution.
- Adapt best practices and industry standards to the organization’s environment by ensuring top quality deliverables and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration.
- Collaborate with product owners to plan and define requirements.
- Assist and deliver enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and business intelligence (BI) business value as defined by a product owner, by providing high quality and performant EDW/BI solutions.
- Ensure team success in meeting sprint commitments; be flexible, show initiative and develop additional skill sets to improve team capabilities and throughput.
- Lead and mentor other team members in data warehousing best practices and development processes.
- Bachelors’ degree OR a minimum four years of experience in a directly related field. A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, MIS, or Public Administration preferred.
- Minimum of ten or more years information systems experience in a data warehouse/business intelligence, measurement or application development environment.
- Minimum of eight years demonstrated experience in two or more of the following: data analysis; requirements gathering; data modeling; ETL; ELT, quality assurance; testing of DW systems; BI reporting.
- Five years of demonstrated success in multidisciplinary roles in complex data warehouse, business intelligence or measurement projects and agile DW/BI development practices preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing measurement, business intelligence, and data warehousing solutions.
- Experience with:
- Expert-level ETL and ELT.
- Quality assurance and testing in a relational database environment.
- Systems build and maintenance.
- The implementation of end user analytical toolsets.
- Working in an agile development methodology.
- Designing data management processes and standards for metadata management, data architecture, data quality, and data security.
- Requirements gathering.
- Teradata and Unix (preferred)
- Hands-on programming and database design skills with strong SQL coding skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong data warehouse modeling expertise (i.e. integrated model, and star/snowflake schema data model).
- Excellent spoken, listening and written communication at various levels of the business.
- Able to select and apply highly technical and specialized toolsets and quickly to adapt to changes and advances in technology for Data Warehousing (RDBMS, ETL, etc.), OLAP and BI systems.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse (BIDW) data modelling best practices.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit www.teamreddog.com/jobs. Please include your resume and compensation details. Candidates must be willing to commit to the full length of the contract and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Team Red Dog is an E-Verify employer. No third-party recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Team Red Dog
Team Red Dog has been providing Seattle-area clients with custom staffing solutions and high-touch, personal service for more than 15 years. We hire on-demand talent and teams who specialize in the fields of Marketing, Creative, Analytics, and Development for contract and permanent roles.