Role Title: Senior Project Manager (Education & Events)
Job Type: Contract/Full-time (W-2)
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
Location: Redmond, WA
You want steady income, outstanding benefits and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best. But more than that, you want a role that will let you dive deep—using your talent, expertise, and drive—while challenging you to continue to develop and contribute.
Whether you are seeking long-term contract opportunities or permanent job placement, Team Red Dog has the clients looking for your skills and experience.
Business Overview: Our client, a multinational software and tech company, is looking for a Senior Project Manager with a strong academic background in STEM to support next generation hardware, software, and services focused on K-12 education. This role is a great opportunity to be on a team with high visibility that has an impact on children’s math and science education. The ideal candidate is a strategic thought leader comfortable with ambiguity who encourages and participates in cross-team collaboration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage special projects and support the client’s education services team.
- Set clear objectives and defined deliverables.
- Conceive, plan, and lead events from beginning to end.
- Plan and coordinate events, large-scale conferences, and workshops.
- Work directly with teachers to help engage and deliver services associated with classrooms and special projects.
- Manage workstreams for the team.
- Prepare and execute PowerPoint decks for leadership and stakeholder review.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to the leadership team.
- Travel within the US with some Latin America and Europe travel on occasion.
- 8+ years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated competence in fulfilling project deliverables on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s degree with a science or math focus preferred.
- Previous event planning experience and network of resources.
- Former experience designing and delivering STEM professional development content for teachers would be ideal.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills with an ability to develop presentation strategy and design.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Advanced competency in MS Office 365 (O365) applications–Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project preferred.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills are required; other language competency is ideal, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Enthusiastic team player who can encourages cross team collaboration.
- Self-motivated strategic thought leader with a reliable, deadline driven approach to projects.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to quickly adapt to the customer needs.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit www.teamreddog.com/jobs/. Please include your resume and compensation details. Work for this position will occur in Redmond, WA, and only candidates who currently reside within 25 miles of the job location will be considered. Applicants must upload a PM-related PowerPoint deck(s) in a .pptx format (not a PDF), along with a resume in a Word (.docx, not PDF) format as part of their application for this role. Candidates must be willing to commit to the to commit to the full length of the contract and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Team Red Dog is an equal opportunity employer and E-Verify employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check. No third-party recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Team Red Dog
Team Red Dog has been providing Seattle-area clients with custom staffing solutions and high-touch, personal service for more than 15 years. We hire on-demand talent and teams who specialize in the fields of Marketing, Creative, Analytics, and Development for contract and permanent roles.