Role Title: Copywriter
Job Type: Contract/Full-time (W-2)
Estimated Start Date: September 24, 2018
Contract Duration: Up to 18 months
Location: Redmond, WA
You want steady income, outstanding benefits and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best. But more than that, you want a role that will let you dive deep—using your talent, expertise, and drive—while challenging you to continue to develop and contribute.
Whether you are seeking long-term contract opportunities or permanent job placement, Team Red Dog has the clients looking for your skills and experience.
Business Overview: Our client, a multinational software and tech company, needs a Copywriter to join a visible and growing team centered on STEM education who can assist with research on lesson plans, copy-editing lesson content, and developing social content while ensuring all copy is clear, concise, and error-free. The ideal candidate is a superb writer with a background or keen interest in education who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. If you’re eager to utilize 21st century tools and technology to help craft STEM lessons that delight and engage, then apply today!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Become an expert on the team’s pedagogy and projects.
- Copy-edit and support the writing of lessons and professional development content.
- Understand lesson background and emphasis to provide language that clarifies the purpose and goal of the lesson.
- Copy-edit lesson content including build instructions, information and instructions in dynamic Excel workbooks and context setting PowerPoint presentations.
- Draft and revise web briefs and scripts for lesson videos.
- Conduct supporting activities for publishing lessons including a deep review of lesson language, visual assets, hyperlinks and copyright language.
- Write and revise professional development content including activity instructions, white papers on pedagogy or the professional development framework, descriptions of the professional development program.
- Conduct background research on the academic content, phenomena and principles underlying a lesson.
- Summarize research and share it in a usable format for teachers.
- Collaborate to create a bi-weekly editorial calendar.
- Search and curate fresh, daily STEM content for social media channels.
- Brainstorm and suggest social media engagement campaigns and activities.
- Execute on a social engagement and community strategy.
- Create and run social campaigns.
- Provide information to the design team for developing visual assets for social.
- Bachelors’ in English, Journalism, Communication, or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing for marketing and social media platforms.
- Passion and commitment to education.
- Experience writing curricula or lesson content.
- Demonstrated flexibility in writing diverse content preferably related to education.
- Acute attention to detail and keen ability to think on your feet.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting research and an observant, study-oriented disposition.
- Experience creating content and campaigns for social media.
- Outstanding time management skills, ability to multitask, attention, and proven track record of delivering under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in hands-on learning, making or the world of IoT preferred.
- STEM background or multi-lingual experience preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit www.teamreddog.com/jobs. Please include your resume and compensation details. Candidates must be willing to commit to the full length of the contract and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Team Red Dog is an E-Verify employer. No third-party recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Team Red Dog
Team Red Dog has been providing Seattle-area clients with custom staffing solutions and high-touch, personal service for more than 15 years. We hire on-demand talent and teams who specialize in the fields of Marketing, Creative, Analytics, and Development for contract and permanent roles.