Role Title: Senior IT SOX/Compliance Auditor
Job Type: W-2, Fulltime
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Duration: 1 year
Location: Greater Seattle area
You want steady income and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best. But more than that, you want a role that will let you dive deep—using your talent, expertise, and drive—while challenging you to continue to develop and contribute.
Whether you are seeking long-term contract opportunities or permanent job placement, Team Red Dog has the clients looking for your skills and experience.
Business Overview: Our client, a leader in the healthcare and health insurance industry in the greater Seattle area, is looking to hire a Senior IT/SOX Compliance Auditor with excellent documentation skills to perform and document SOX testing of IT general controls. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining compliance documentation for projects and production applications. The ideal candidate can excel in both independent and team environments, and has a proven ability to communicate well, both orally and in written form, with senior management, business partners, and staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interact with business, IT, and compliance groups particularly during compliance audits.
- Analyze current work flows and recommend adjustments in order ensure compliance needs are met efficiently.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues related to compliance.
- Recommend appropriate training for staff.
- Work with regional business account management staff and business customers to ensure clarity of system and change requirements to provide status of projects and maintenance work requests on a timely basis.
- Perform testing of IT general controls by analyzing control narratives and control documentation.
- Develop and document work papers that address the test objectives of the audit program and support the conclusions reached during testing.
- Adhere to the IIA Standards and IAS guidelines for work paper documentation.
- Draft test conclusions and discuss potential issues with audit team and clients.
- Prepare and deliver other summary communication documents as required (e.g. status reports, open item lists).
- 5 to 10 years of experience with compliance audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or 4 additional years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of networking as well as Microsoft Windows and Office products, particularly with database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and provide superior customer service.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate manpower requirements for required tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with SOX, HIPAA, CLIA or other audits.
- Experience with a medical laboratory information system.
- Proven ability to write and maintain clear and concise system documentation.
- Prior experience with highly regulated change management systems.
- Proven fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to produce quality products with minimal supervision.
- Experience in auditing complex technical environments such as an IBM mainframe, Windows and Unix servers, databases (Oracle, SQL, Teradata, etc), and applications.
- Audit experience within a large, complex organization.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit www.teamreddog.com/jobs. Please include your resume and compensation details. Candidates must be willing to commit to the full length of the contract and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Team Red Dog is an E-Verify employer. No third-party recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Team Red Dog
Team Red Dog has been providing Seattle-area clients with custom staffing solutions and high-touch, personal service for more than 15 years. We hire on-demand talent and teams who specialize in the fields of Marketing, Digital, Creative and Analytics for contract and permanent roles.