Role Title: SAS Administrator/Production Support
Job Type: W-2, Fulltime
Start Date: July 1st, 2018
Duration: 6 months
Location: Greater Seattle area, WA
You want steady income and a job that lets you shine doing what you do best. But more than that, you want a role that will let you dive deep—using your talent, expertise, and drive—while challenging you to continue to develop and contribute.
Whether you are seeking long-term contract opportunities or permanent job placement, Team Red Dog has the clients looking for your skills and experience.
Business Overview: Our client, a leader in the healthcare and health insurance industry in the greater Seattle area, is looking to hire a SAS Administrator to support production software deployments, upgrades, capacity planning, and backup strategies, as well as software/hardware integration planning and configuration of their SAS application. The best fit can work independently to monitor and document processes while also able to collaborate in teams to drive the planning and implementation of the SAS application.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily tasks within the scope of SAS/Unix system administration, including file system performance monitoring and reviewing patch levels on operating system, Unix servers, and Windows web servers when required.
- Document operational processes and recovery procedures, maintain environment configuration information, research best practices and provide pre- and post-implementation documentation.
- Install SAS software on client desktops, work closely with SAS user areas to assure their needs are being met, and train business users in established standards and procedures for the SAS server environment.
- Coordinate with SAS power users to schedule production loads/jobs and work with user areas to develop purge criteria.
- Create and maintain user profiles and groups consistent with security restrictions and performance considerations. Document operational processes and recovery procedures.
- Maintain awareness of new SAS releases, patches and upgrades, install as appropriate, and implement upgrades and patches to both server and workstations.
- Perform code reviews to ensure proper design, standard, content and functionality. Coordinate with other IT groups on performance, storage issues, etc. as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a SAS administrator working in a production environment.
- Advanced skills in SAS 9.1.x and SAS 9.2 environments.
- Database capacity and utilization planning experience.
- Experience in archiving and back-up planning.
- Experience with Access Databases required and SAS PC preferred.
- Knowledge of Unix environment required.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit www.teamreddog.com/jobs. Please include your resume and compensation details. Candidates must be willing to commit to the full length of the contract and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Team Red Dog is an E-Verify employer. No third-party recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Team Red Dog
Team Red Dog has been providing Seattle-area clients with custom staffing solutions and high-touch, personal service for more than 15 years. We hire on-demand talent and teams who specialize in the fields of Marketing, Digital, Creative and Analytics for contract and permanent roles.