The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is both a strategic and hands-on position that provides full cycle Human Resources support. The HRBP is responsible for all HR related functions for the company including employee relations, performance management, recruiting and onboarding, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and exits. Additionally, the HRBP manages and administers the company’s payroll function including bi-weekly payroll processing, and maintenance of the company’s payroll system, records, and vendor relationships.
The HRBP serves as a trusted partner and advisor to company leaders, managers, and employees. The ideal candidate will have a customer focus and see HR as integral to the business success by learning and understanding the business needs and supporting local business initiatives. The HRBP works in accordance with established procedures and policies and exercises considerable independence of action in work situations which require confidentiality, tact and discretion.
This position reports to the General Manager and is based in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Provides hands-on Human Resources support to company leaders, managers, and employees
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team and attends weekly leadership team meetings
- Directly supervises the Company’s Administrative Assistant
- Ensures compliance with all relevant federal and state laws and regulations as well as the company’s policies, practices, and procedures
Manages the company’s safety program which includes organizing and leading Safety Committee meetings, handling workers comp claims, maintenance of all accident / incident records, and timely and accurate OSHA reporting
- Responsible for end-to-end recruiting, new employee orientation, and on boarding
- Process employee departures and conduct exit interviews
- Facilitates and manages the performance and talent review processes
- Assist in the development and ongoing deployment of company programs and initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining quality and accuracy of data in all HRIS systems, including employee files
- Maintain company policies and procedures, including the Company’s employee handbook
- Participate in additional projects as needed
- Prepares and administers payroll for the organization
- Manages employee health and welfare benefit programs; including planning, managing and administering employee benefit plans, maintains vendor relationships
- In partnership with benefits broker, annually reviews benefits for cost-effectiveness and manages the annual open enrollment process
- Manage employee leave programs
- Administer unemployment claims
- Administer 401(k) plan and participate in Trustee meetings, including annual testing and census data collection
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant HR experience, with 2 years’ experience administering payroll, including time & attendance maintenance
- Experience administering employee benefit plans, including 401(k) plan administration
- HRIS system application and reporting experience required
- Prior experience using ADP is strongly desired. Prior experience with other HRIS and/or payroll systems a plus
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Proven ability to work with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally, with professionalism, discretion and tact
- Outstanding organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a team-oriented environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills required
- A professional demeanor that is highlighted in all communications
- Passionate about accuracy of all work products
- Exhibit high energy with ability to work collaboratively to develop strong, positive working relationships
- Understanding and interest in sports, specifically with regional teams, a plus
About ROOT SPORTS NW
ROOT SPORTS is the television home of the Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks, Portland Timbers, Gonzaga Bulldogs, Big Sky Conference and Mountain West. The network delivers more than 350 live events each year across a five-state footprint.
ROOT SPORTS is operated by AT&T Sports Networks, which operates regional sports networks in the Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions. The four networks combined reach across 22 states and own exclusive rights to produce and distribute live events from more than 25 teams and conferences.