The Web Development group is a service-oriented group involved in the creation, design, development, and maintenance of web sites, web-based applications, and mobile apps using the most cutting-edge technologies such as node.js, Ember.js, Symfony, and many more.
As a Senior Client Side Software Engineer you will work with numerous teams to brainstorm and develop solutions for rich customer experiences on our websites. Balance these ideas with best practices and existing methodologies to keep management and publishing of web experiences scalable.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned web application developer with a proven track record of building highly-scalable web applications, leading large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment, adopting new technologies, task estimation, and implementing technical requirements.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to Web Development
- Work closely with Marketing and Acquisition teams to build and optimize conversion funnels using node/Express
- Build and/or review prototypes, templates, and components designed to show the capabilities of the latest technologies, solutions to existing problems, or possible alternatives to current features
- Object-oriented programming, orchestration layer API design and development, and feature implementation per business requirements
- Contribute to development, process guidelines, and best practices on wiki
- Optimize sites performance for user experience and SEO
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You’ll be a favorite if you can show experience with high traffic sites, working with CMS systems, working with advertising networks & web tracking systems, developing mobile applications, and/or building SEO friendly sites.
Education and Requirements:
To qualify, you must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a well-rounded front end developer, where you have focused on working with cross-browser side technologies and page optimization.
- Experience with node.js, Express, and GIT strongly desired
- Knowledge of client side frameworks like Ember, Symfony or Zend a major plus
- Expert level knowledge of up to date W3C standards
- Extensive knowledge of cross-browser support and OS compatibility intricacies
- Desire for further professional development growth using Client Side MVC frameworks
- Practical experience with native mobile development a bonus
- Technologies that could benefit you in this job are: PHP, CoffeeScript, AMP, and jQuery
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.