Our technology team is a fun and exciting place to continue your career. Here you will have the opportunity to work with engineers that are passionate about Continuous Improvement and industry best practices. We embrace Lean/Kanban methodologies. The Product development process is both iterative and experimental. We constantly test and learn, using data to drive our decisions. We encourage everyone to be a “Product Developer”.
Our website is built using Ember, Node.js, Restful APIs and a Java backend sitting on top of Solr/Lucene, Postgres and MongoDB. Our Yearbook archive is built on hundreds of thousands of books that have been scanned, OCR’d, subjected to our own image extraction code and then indexed for our customers. We invest heavily in our analytics infrastructure and leverage Hadoop and Netezza to feed our reporting systems. We are currently working on moving to an event driven near real-time architecture leveraging a Kafka based Data Bus. Our code is released to production many times a week using our Continuous Deployment architecture.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Email development team, you’ll help to provide framework development, prototyping, and the evaluation of newer technologies in support of the Classmates’ email and its sub-systems. We are currently rebuilding our aging email system using Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Oozie, messaging (Kafka).
You will be successful in this role if you:
· Get inspired on a daily basis, think of new ideas and like to share them with others
· Get satisfaction from helping others become better developers and team members
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Love to experiment and use data to drive decision making
· Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
· You know who the customer is and why that’s important
· Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to core development
· Analyze and recommend the right technologies to build technical solutions that meet business needs
· Object-oriented programming and design including API and database design
· Working in an agile team, performing code and design reviews
· Deliver on time with high quality
· Follow and encourage best practices such as technical documentation on the wiki.
· Working with technology and business stakeholders in gathering requirements and for delivery of projects through all phases and into production
· Propose best practices/standards.
· Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
· Leadership, critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience working in a lean/agile environment
· Experience in system analysis with emphasis on identification of performance constraints
· Experience developing and supporting software in a high load Unix environment including performance testing
· Experience troubleshooting complex systems
· Strong understanding of distributed systems and experience in using open source framework to build applications.
· Experience successfully leading software development projects
Languages / Frameworks
· Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop and Spark, to solve large-scale problems.
· Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase
· Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie.
· Experience developing within a Unix/Linux environment
· Expert-Level Java server-side software design and development experience
· Strong data modeling and SQL skills
· Test-driven development advocate using JUnit, Mockito, etc.
Additionally, successful candidates will possess several or all of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of relevant work experience
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.