Interested in building microservices using Java, open-source technologies and deploying them with Docker and Kubernetes in the cloud? We’d love to meet you.
At PeopleConnect, as part of the Platform team, you will design and build highly scalable backend systems that serve millions of customers every day. Some of the projects we are currently working on include building multi-tenant commerce services for classmates.com, Intelius.com and other partner sites.
Here you will have the opportunity to work with engineers who are passionate about Continuous Improvement and industry best practices. We embrace Lean/Kanban methodologies. We constantly test and learn, using data to drive our decisions.
- Design and develop Microservices in a continuous deployment environment.
- Object-oriented programming and design including API and database design.
- Working with technology and business stakeholders in gathering requirements and for delivery of projects through all phases and into production.
- Working in an agile team, performing code and design reviews.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Java.
- Strong understanding of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience designing and building RESTful services.
- Experience working with Spring, Hibernate.
- Test-driven development advocate using JUnit, Mockito.
- Strong data modeling and SQL skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Additionally, successful candidates will possess several or all of the following:
- Experience with Dev-ops enabling technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra and messaging systems like Kafka.
- Big data experience with Hadoop, Spark, HBase to solve large-scale problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.