We’re seeking a DevOps Continuous Delivery and Application Operations Engineer for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot an application stack consisting of Apache, Tomcat, Node.js, Hadoop, Kafka and more. You will maintain and improve a continuous delivery framework that allows a fast paced and automated build/test/deploy cycle while ensuring operational stability. You will work closely with a tight knit group of Database and Systems Engineers to further a common toolset, build out and adhere to operational policies, and find innovative solutions to help development teams with their infrastructure needs
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to CI/CD and DevOps
- Analyze and recommend the right technologies to build technical solutions that meet business needs
- Build and/or review prototypes, templates, and components designed to show the capabilities of the latest technologies, solutions to existing problems, or possible alternatives to current features
- Adhere to and promote DevOps and LEAN culture and methodologies.
- Deliver high quality projects on time
- Follow, encourage and contribute to best practices such as technical documentation on the wiki
- Work with technology and business stakeholders in gathering requirements and delivery of projects through all phases and into production
- First tier support for production issues on a broad range of applications. Some new and shiny, some old and brittle, but all equally important.
- Maintain 99.9% uptime
- Track, troubleshoot and document production issues. Provide root cause analysis, working closely with other Ops/Dev/Biz teams as needed to do so.
- Build and maintain resource, and functional monitoring; ensure key metrics are tracked
- Participate in on-call rotation. We dislike pagers, too. Help us make it better.
- Act as a liaison between Development and Operations to foster a common toolset, and strive to move towards infrastructure as a service.
- Build and maintain a continuous delivery framework that allows development teams to deploy to production with minimal service disruptions.
- Ensure all application code is packaged to guidelines that ensure consistent, reproducible builds.
- Ensure all configuration changes are version controlled, and configuration deployment is automated.
- Further automation and scripting so you are removed from the direct path, and provide push buttons to the teams that need them.
- Address technical debt.
- Provide operational input to technical discussions, and (re)shape the technical landscape.
- Prototype, demonstrate, and package new technology as needed for internal projects or company directives.
- Proactively find ways to improve page load times, and site stability.
- Script-up new tools, and manage and improve existing ones.
- Document, share knowledge, and train/mentor your peers wherever needed.
We are proud of our open work culture. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and interesting growth projects ahead. Some past projects include: building several Hadoop clusters; extensive work with Kafka; CI/CD tooling to enable developers to deploy to production at will; new containers infrastructure in AWS using kubernetes, docker, gitlab. You are expected to have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. Here you will find people that are passionate to share their ideas, and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience with apache, and proficiency with apache configuration.
- Daily working experience with tomcat. Nginx a plus.
- Experience managing java application servers, including GC and memory tuning.
- Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools like awk and sed.
- Extensive experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system and application slowness, and networking issues with applications.
- Ability to read and write perl, bash and python.
- Experience writing spec files and building RPMs.
- Solid working experience with puppet. Ability to write puppet manifests and templates (chef/ansible/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Proficiency using and administering version control tools like SVN, git, etc.
- Daily experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, etc.
- Daily experience with CI tools like Jenkins and Bamboo. Must have administered and built Jenkins or Bamboo plans.
- Comfortable with networking concepts as they relate to system administration. Will be needed to administer Citrix Netscalers.
- Experience with Messaging systems like activemq and rabbit mq; caching systems like redis and memcached; Hadoop; Kafka.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, Mysql a plus. Basic SQL knowledge highly desirable
- Experience with database tuning can come in handy.
Education and Requirements:
- 8 + years Industry experience and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.