We take the world’s information and make it people centric. We start from a variety of public data sources and build a searchable 360-degree view of each adult individual in the US. We package and sell information products based on these insights directly to both consumers and businesses through our brands Intelius and Classmates.
The Core Data Engineering team delivers the data that powers PeopleConnect and all its brands. By keeping the data fresh, accurate and insightful we ensure our customers get the best possible information and insights about people in this industry space. We work regularly with cutting edge technology such as machine learning on extremely large data sets and tackle challenging technical problems to deliver business value. We have worked with Big Data for over 7 years and have published numerous papers on solving problems in the people data space.
- Develop analyze and maintain ETL data pipelines using Hadoop.
- Design, develop and validate REST web services including the use of automated harnesses as applicable.
- Build and validate data science models that improve the quality of our people engine.
- Create analysis tools that assess data quality at scale, suggest fixes and automation to prevent future issues
- Work in an agile team, perform code and design reviews in addition to engineering tasks
- Follow, encourage and contribute to best practices such as technical documentation on the wiki
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in software development with Java or Python.
- Strong understanding of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Familiarity with Java profilers such as YourKit etc
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Familiarity with SQL databases preferably MySQL.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Good understanding of how to test Java services for performance and stability.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Additionally, successful candidates will possess several or all of the following:
- Experience with or interest in working with large data sets (100s of terabytes)
- Experience with a test framework such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Siege, JMeter, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop Map-reduce, HDFS, and Apache Avro.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOA based web services.
- Experience with or interest in the usage of Data Science / Statistical Machine learning
- Knowledge of Information retrieval and database sharding.
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.