We’re seeking a Linux Engineer for a high traffic social networking/ecommerce website. You will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot storage and data delivery systems supporting an evolving application stack consisting of Apache, Tomcat, Node.js, supported by Hadoop, Kafka, NetApp, Oracle storage and more. You will help drive and implement the strategic choices in our evolving cloud and hybrid on-prem/cloud datacenters.
You will have the chance to work within a tight knit group to further a common toolset, build out and adhere to operational policies, and find innovative solutions to help the technical teams deliver business features.
We are proud of our open work culture. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have interesting technology and cool growth projects ahead. Some past projects include: building several Hadoop clusters; extensive work with Kafka; CI/CD tooling to enable developers to deploy to production at will, private cloud implementation and migration. You are expected to have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. Here you will find people that are passionate to share their ideas, and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
Desired Skills and Experience:
We want to meet you if this sounds like you:
- Linux administration experience. Extremely comfortable with command line and use of tools to manage, provision and diagnose and isolation system and storage issues.
- Extensive experience parsing and analyzing logs, troubleshooting system and application slowness, and networking and storage i/o issues with applications.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, etc.
- Working knowledge of a configuration management tools. Ability to write puppet manifests and templates (chef/ansible/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Solid working experience with server provisioning and capacity management. Cisco UCS experience preferred.
- Strong experience with datacenter virtualization implementations. KVM, Xen, and VMware experience preferred.
- Experience with private and public clouds. Preferably hybrid deployments. Docker and Kubernets a plus.
- Comfortable with networking concepts as they relate to system administration. F5 or Netscaler experience is a plus.
- Experience or interest with one or more of the following: event transport systems like activemq, rabbit mq and kafka; caching systems like memcached, couchebase; bigdata technologies like Hadoop, EMR, Impala, Hbase and Hive ; Kafka.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Sciences or equivalent field or work experience
- 4+ years supporting highly available Linux infrastructure.
- Previous experience working for an ecommerce company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.