Human Resources Generalist – PeopleConnect, Inc.
We are growing! To support this, we’re building our HR team to keep pace with the rest of the business, covering needs for our Seattle employees. This is a great opportunity to be a direct contributor in setting systems, processes and workflows for our dynamic business.
As the HR Generalist, you are a highly motivated, detail-oriented, flexible individual who thrives in a fast paced environment where thinking outside of the box and continual improvement is the norm. You will have the opportunity to administer a variety of HR functions and provide front-line support for our roughly 150 employees, in partnership with the HR team. You’ll ensure effective delivery of core HR processes and compliance with company guidelines, employment laws, regulations, policies and practices that will support the company in achieving business initiatives.
More than this – you’re driven by contributing alongside an engaged team, delivering solutions that keep things moving ahead.
- Provide functional support, guidance, and direction to employees regarding benefits programs
- Communicate updates and administer benefits and transportation programs and other related HR communications
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to benefits programs and employment law
- Manage leaves of absences including review, documentation, approval and direct communication with employees and management on return to work status; Administer Workers Compensation
- Administer HRIS, maintain and audit HR records related benefits plans, employee changes, I-9s, etc.
- Support HR programs such as the performance appraisal and merit review process and other employee-related programs
- Conduct new hire orientations and exit interviews
- Support immigrations processes
- Partner with the HR team for event planning and general office administration
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated employee relations skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Adept at managing concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, HRIS tools and business related software systems
- Excellent diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexibility and interest in delivering continual improvement and creative solutions
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, studying and applying new information
- Experience in a tech environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, related field and 3+ years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or equivalent
- Must possess thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience managing federal and state employment laws, such as ADA, FMLA, PDL, WFL, FLSA, ACA, Worker’s Compensation, Disability Programs and Unemployment Claims
- Must possess thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience managing compliance activities such as non-discrimination testing, 5500, EEO, etc.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SPC certification preferred
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.