Job description and core expectations:
This position is responsible for accomplishing two primary objectives:
- Create and maintain IT systems & process that support health and 401k renewal and quoting operations
- The renewal of the entire WTIA book of health insurance and 401K customers. As of May 2017, this is:
- 310 employers: health program
- 30 employers: 401k
An ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with systems and process the support the delivery of health insurance products to the market. The role will engage directly with sales executives and account managers from over 70+ producer houses in Washington. The single renewal date for the WTIA’s health insurance program is currently December 1st.
- Evaluate, assess and implement IT solutions that support WTIA quote operations
- Recommend and document process to support efficient delivery of WTIA insurance products to the marketplace
- Research, recommend and maintain software solutions and data analysis tools to support quote operations and market benchmarking.
- Create and maintain an administrative guide that governs the WTIA health insurance program.
- Manage the data integrity of market data and quote information in WTIA’s CRM and/or shared directories.
- Work directly with producer houses, producers, and account managers to support the WTIA health program single renewal.
- Work with internal WTIA underwriting team to return RFP’s with 48-hour period of quote submission.
- Assist with the execution of the WTIA’s producer communication plan
- Participate in producer engagement and appreciation events (activities)
- Perform in-person presentations to producer houses throughout the State
- Up-sell health plan employers into other WTIA HR and benefit products
- Build and maintain relationships with internal benefits team, insurance carriers, producers and other service providers supporting the WTIA health program
- Perform product training and producer education.
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 6+ years of health insurance account management experience
- Licensed Disability and Life Insurance Producer in Washington
- Proficiency with CRM software (Sales force)
- Must be detail-oriented, motivated, proactive and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the VP of Benefits Programs
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Washington Technology Industry Association
The Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) formed a health benefits program for its members in 1992. In 2015, the WTIA added a 401k program. All employers who purchase health and 401k benefits through the WTIA are members of the WTIA. Member employers have access to the entire suite of WTIA benefits that include workforce programs, recruiting resources, tech-focused events, networking functions, member connections, advertising and product discounts. All employees of member companies have access to WTIA programs and services.