IT TECH 3
This position provides coordination, support, monitoring, installation and best practices of IT systems company-wide, including office environments, remote users, datacenters, and other computing resources. This is a senior level position that requires a deep technical ability.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
· Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
· Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
· Work towards objectives of Security Availability and Performance
· Participate in on-call rotation
· Clearly communicate problems with your team or to your manager
· Uphold and adhere to team policies, procedures and responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Supports the daily operations of ER’s datacenters, and office networked systems.
· Creates and reviews daily system heath reports.
· Configures and maintains routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, VPN systems, encryption certificates, and other related networking technology or appliances.
· Configures and maintains Windows and Unix web servers, file servers, domain controllers, databases, and any other server in the ER environment. Includes physical computers, virtual servers running on ER hardware, and cloud servers (e.g. Azure, AWS, Etc.).
· Configures security best practices and actively participates in the DoD auditing and security process.
· Performs system upgrades by gradually moving to the next generation(s) of the Windows operating system and database server products.
· Ensures that system backups are in place and are functioning appropriately. Performs test restores of backups to verify the data was stored properly and is usable on restore. Supports continuous process improvement with the goal of making Emergency Reporting products and services as efficient and effective as possible.
· Travels to company datacenters as needed for installation and regular maintenance.
· In conjunction with others, creates and maintains deployment scripts for code deployment to ER computers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Participates in assessment of new technologies as needed by the development team.
· Attends all hands meetings, company trainings, manager meetings, or other company events.
· Assists in office IT issues as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
· Associates degree in computer science, information systems or other IT related field.
· Experience with security audits, such as DoD or PCI.
· 5+ years experience in datacenter operations in a primary and standby environment.
· Experience in datacenter operations for a software as a service company (SaaS).
· Experience with F5 equipment preferred.
· Experience with cloud resources, Azure preferred.
· Log configuration and analysis experience.
· SQL Server experience in a SaaS production environment or other equivalent experience preferred
· Experience with working with web applications in ASP, PHP, or similar technologies.
· Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
· Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
· Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
· Able to document procedures and processes.
· Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About Emergency Reporting
Emergency Reporting was locally founded in 2003 as the first cloud-based reporting and records management system for fire and EMS service. Today more than 80,000 first responders across the country trust Emergency Reporting to make incident reports quick and easy, and to help manage their station operations every day.
OUR CORE VALUES
Emergency Reporting is committed to providing an outstanding product and world-class service and support. Our business measures each decision against our core values to ensure the best possible outcome for all our customers and employees:
• Industry Integrity
• Consistent Innovation
• Team Appreciation
• Ongoing Relevance
• Fire Service Advocacy
• Responsible Stewards
Our open development workspace, Agile principles and value on career growth make us the best choice in your next career move. Emergency Reporting has a casual dress work environment and is located in the Barkley Village close to walking trials, food and entertainment. Our family-friendly environment provides great pay and benefits (insurance, retirement and generous paid time off). Come check us out online!