REPORTS TO: Development Manager
STATUS: Exempt, Salary
SECURITY: Category D
The Deployment Engineer is responsible for optimizing the productivity of the Development team providing tools, environments, and systems support to ensure that code changes are fully ready to promote to production and meet all applicable change management standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
• Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
• Adhere to applicable polices and procedures
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
• Understand and collaborate effectively in ER’s Agile organization, using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Scrum, and Kanban methodologies; and striving to become proficient in our tools and processes.
• Ability to effectively and consistently communicate and collaborate with teammates, sponsors, and stakeholders.
• Be an active part of defining and following best practices around engineering excellence and contribute positively toward ER’s continuous improvement.
• Pursue any relevant continuing education/training to keep up with best practices for engineering excellence.
• Adhere to ER Core Values and Attributes from HR.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Research, develop, optimize, and manage tools and processes to support the Emergency Reporting Development infrastructure – such as maintaining standardized environments for servers and developers.
• Build scalable, repeatable, and automated solutions, including relevant documentation.
• Actively participate and contribute to optimizations in the ER Code review process.
• Assist with reproduction of production issues in a non-production environment.
• Design, develop, and maintain CI/CD pipeline and ecosystem.
• Create deployment packages from Development output and facilitate testing of the package and delivery to Production Operations.
• Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and improving the deployment of the release and rollback packaging processes.
• Perform and receive code reviews according to standards with other members of the team.
• Will require experience with programming, deployment practices, database administration, database development, and source control.
• Track requested work in the team’s accepted work-tracking software.
• Adheres to the current, or higher, security and development standards and practices.
• Works closely with all management, Development and IT; collaborating with end-users to develop, drive and implement ER’s vision, ensuring its alignment supports company objectives and strategy.
EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience in relational database concepts, design, constraints, stored procedures, functions, and optimization.
• Expertise with Webservers, Networking, SQL Server Databases.
• Experience migrating web applications to Azure Web Services
• Experience with PowerShell and TSQL Scripting for environment creation and code deployment.
• Experience with designing, deploying in Azure and Amazon Webservices environments, Docker and Virtual machines.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Microsoft Development Stack Experience, VSTS, Azure, PowerShell and TSQL skills.
• Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
• Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
• Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
• Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with configuration management tools e.g. Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
• Design and development experience with engineering software design tools
• Proficiency working in Microsoft Windows environments
• Familiarity with version control systems e.g. git or SVN
• Strong product experience from inception to customer delivery
• Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Emergency Reporting
Serving more than 125,000 first responders, nearly 6,000 agencies and 165 military installations worldwide takes individual effort and experience from each department. Whether it is providing an excellent user experience in the field or solving a support issue with a smile, Emergency Reporting is made of a team of people that are passionate about the Fire and EMS service. Our 80+ employees are constantly learning and given chances to grow their own skills in order to improve the way our customers serve their communities.
Emergency Reporting’s software simplifies Fire & EMS reporting and records management into one platform-independent solution. We create user-friendly software that empowers first responders all over the world with accessible data. Our mission since 2003 has been to offer the easiest-to-use, most flexible, secure, trusted, web-based and cloud-based records management system for Fire & EMS agencies, as well as one of the best places to work in Bellingham, Washington.
Our Core Values
Emergency Reporting is committed to providing an outstanding product and world-class service and support. Our business measures each decision against our core values to ensure the best possible outcome for all our customers and employees:
• Industry Integrity
• Consistent Innovation
• Team Appreciation
• Ongoing Relevance
• Fire Service Advocacy
• Responsible Stewards
Our open development workspace, Agile principles and value on career growth make us the best choice in your next career move. Emergency Reporting has a casual dress work environment and is located in the Barkley Village close to walking trials, food and entertainment. Our family-friendly environment provides great pay and benefits (insurance, retirement and generous paid time off). Come check us out online!