Apprenti is a registered apprenticeship program of the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) Workforce Institute. Apprenti provides a proven, reliable pipeline for underrepresented groups such as minorities, women and veterans to gain training, certification and placement within the talent-hungry tech industry. Through our innovative selection, certification and hiring process, we are bridging the talent gap and meeting the demands of the tech industry’s growing workforce. Apprentices receive two to five months of full-time training then begin one year of paid on-the-job training with one of the program’s hiring partners. The program is partially funded through a grant from the American Apprenticeship Initiative of the U.S. Department of Labor, with support from the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, and JP Morgan Chase. More information about Apprenti can be found at ApprentiCareers.org.
Under the supervision of the General Counsel and Education IP Manager, the Education and Training Administrator coordinates the day-to-day activities of Apprenti’s training programs and provides assistance with developing new training plans and apprenticeship roles. This position requires detailed organizational and operational abilities and the strongest candidates will have worked in entry-level or higher technical roles and desire a career shift, or have established careers in professional education with a clear interest in the tech sector.
- Assist in defining training needs and gather information needed for developing new apprenticeship roles or onboarding new Apprenti employers
- Maintain program documentation on curriculum delivery and training outcomes
- Track timelines, deliverables, modification requests, and contract status of training programs
- Prepare contracts, obtain signatures, and ensure records are maintained
- Answer or escalate questions from apprentices, employers, and program staff about training plans and status
- Participate in weekly status updates for active training classes and refer issues to appropriate program staff for resolution or followup; occasionally conduct site visits with training providers
- Research and interview potential training providers
- Professional experience or academic coursework in software, networking, information technology, or a related field
- Clear interest in the technology sector and an understanding of or eagerness to learn about workforce needs, career paths, and the evolution of products, development methods, tools, and business needs of tech companies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to develop, track, and coordinate project timelines and implementation details
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with overlapping and changing priorities to meet organizational needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with training providers, clients, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and contractual details and information with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfort with office software and productivity tools, such as Word, Excel, Dropbox, and Tableau
- Previous administrative or teaching experience working with adult learners
- Curriculum development and design experience for professional
- Contract management experience
- Statistics and data analysis ability
Salary: This position is full-time with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest to:
About the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) Workforce Institute:
The WTIA Workforce Institute is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization created to drive workforce initiatives to assist under represented communities seeking to enter the technology industry. The Institute has partnered with the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), Washington state’s unifying voice for the technology community, and the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries to operate Apprenti, a technology training and registered apprenticeship program.
The WTIA Workforce Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com