Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. The legal community is the backbone of our company and we are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to support Avvo’s HR strategy.
The HR Business Partner will report to and partner with the Director of People and Culture to develop and implement strategic initiatives that will drive and support a highly engaged and performing culture. The successful candidate is a strategic leader in Human Resources who will provide thought leadership and direction to the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams. This includes a focus on implementing and maintaining programs that attract, retain, and develop our employees; as well as manage all aspects of employee relations.
The ideal candidate is able of quickly diagnose problems, and then identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Human Resources Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Change Agent
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consult with people managers, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Works closely with hiring managers in business unit on setting searches and manages business unit recruiting team to hit targets and fill open positions.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience as business aligned HR Business partner including resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including recruiting, organizational effectiveness and organizational design, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, compensation practices, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Experience supporting Product, Marketing and Engineering is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience.
- HR Certifications strongly preferred.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office! In addition to our awesome culture, we offer an AMAZING benefit package (we pay 100% of our employee premium costs and 50% of their dependents – plus 100% of your medical deductible), free legal advice, an ORCA card, up to three weeks of vacation your first year – and more!
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle’s tech community and are backed by top venture capital firms, including Benchmark Capital, TCV, and others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.