Apprenti is a registered apprenticeship program of the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) Workforce Institute. Apprenti provides a proven, reliable pipeline for underrepresented groups such as minorities, women and veterans to gain training, certification and placement within the talent- hungry tech industry. Through our innovative selection, certification and hiring process, we are bridging the talent gap and meeting the demands of the tech industry’s growing workforce. Apprentices receive two to five months of full-time training then begin one year of paid on-the-job training with one of the program’s hiring partners. The program is partially funded through a grant from the American Apprenticeship Initiative of the U.S. Department of Labor, with support from the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, and JP Morgan Chase. More information about Apprenti can be found at ApprentiCareers.org.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of administrative and office support functions of a highly responsible nature in relieving staff of technical, organizational and administrative duties. We are seeking candidates who are committed to personal development and have a strong intellectual curiosity.
Examples of Essential Duties
- Create, organize, and execute email campaigns in MailChimp
- Respond to candidate and apprentice inquiries via email and phone
- Analyze recruitment and apprenticeship data using Create presentations and visualizations to represent data.
- Enter data on outreach and recruitment of hiring partners and community partners in Salesforce CRM
- Register apprentices in the state and national apprenticeship databases
- Maintains file integrity and confidentiality by monitoring records and assuring compliance
- Research events and organizations that can facilitate Apprenti outreach and recruitment
- Attend community partner and recruitment events
- Assist with updating handbooks and documents
- Coordinate apprentice orientations and events, including preparation of materials
- Track documents and monitor data
- Assist team with special projects and other duties as needed
- Minimum one year of administrative support experience
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, motivated, proactive and able to meet deadlines
- Able to plan, prioritize and complete assignments with minimum supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in a business environment
- Strong customer service skills, organizational skills and a positive attitude
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in performing administrative duties; applies judgment to resolving problems
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and willingness to learn new applications and tools
- Experience with Salesforce
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; college preferred
- Position is part-time up to 25 hours per week and has the potential of becoming full-time
- Hourly rate is $20 per hour
- Work is performed in a standard office environment
- A background check is required
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing interest to: email@example.com
About the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) Workforce Institute:
The WTIA Workforce Institute is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization created to drive workforce initiatives to assist under represented communities seeking to enter the technology industry. The Institute has partnered with the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), Washington state’s unifying voice for the technology community, and the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries to operate Apprenti, a technology training and registered apprenticeship program.
The WTIA Workforce Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.